Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The teachings and the realisation

When I was born I was given a name,
to help me become unique,
I was told what is my caste, my creed,
given lessons to survive, advice to heed,
as i grew up i saw the world through different coloured glasses,
distinguishing people by their classes,
I was the most important, i was taught,
"What's wrong in that?" I thought,
to help myself first, others can wait,
each of these became a trait,
in order to win the rat race I became selfish and self obsessed,
it was more like I was possessed....

Then came the awakening, the beckoning call,
That I wasn't very unique after all,
That love is what is needed to survive,
to furnish in this world and to strive,
that my caste, my creed is humanity,
and advice to heed was simply humility,
that sharing and caring is most important,
and others have to be helped i can wait,
there is no rat race, I understood,
its just me and my shadow from where I stood,
that love is the colour the glasses should be,
and the last one in my priority should be me..

No comments:

Post a Comment